Story Of My Day...

Rense Haveman

I am in one of those challenges on pentaxforums.com, called Single in.... One photo for each day for one whole month, shot with one lens. My lens of choice: the Jupiter-9 85mm F2

For the first time in about 2 months I slept good, from about 00:00 to 6:45 without waking up. At 6:45, our clock woke me rudely, but it took me about 15 mins to grab the courage to get out bed. Got myself dressed, had a quick breakfast, made my lunch, and cycled the 9 kms to my work, through the frosty fields, since we had some cold night. Half-way, on the ferry I have to take to cross the river Rhine, I got my camera out of my bag, because the scenery was great. The cold air and the relatively warm water made some low mists appear, from which the willows at the banks of the river rose as silent guards.... The door of my camera was open though, and I saw I had forgotten to put the memory card back in the slot where it belongs! @(*$&Q@#*&^#$WQ*$&#()%*@$*&(!!!!!!!!

At work, I still wasn't very clear, so I had to take a shower and 2 cups of coffee before I was able to do my work. After an hour: fire alarm!!! Rushed ou, but no camera for me! After 15 mins or so, we could go inside again, but I had hardly taken of my coat, or again: fire alarm!!!! Got out again, waited for another 15 mins in the sun outside, still frosty, still no camera. At 12:00 it felt as if the day had to end real soon, and at 15:00 suddenly mist came in and the sun disappeared. At 18:00, I cycled home through a very small world, went upstairs to get a memory card from the computer. It wasn't there!!!! Suddenly, I felt a strange fear.... did I really check the slot in the camera, or did I conclude there was no card from the open door of the memory card slot???? Stumbled from the stairs, checked my camera: the memory card was just where it belonged, and it had been there all day.....

Dark, misty, still no photo. Got out after dinner and shot this photo, which I titled 'Melancholy', just to remember this nice sunny day...

December 3rd - Melancholy
by Rense Haveman, on Flickr

Great story (with a moral) Rense. Today I managed to knock an ornament down the toilet and the dropped the deodorant on the bathroom floor where is immediately smashed! Still at least you got a great shot at then. What wonderful detail.

And I love that phrase, "...I cycled home through a very small world,". Wonderful prose. :)

No pain...no gain Rense. The pain was worth the gain in this case. Just think how good tomorrow's pic will be when you are all organized. ;)

Love the spiders web on the shot Rense - sorry about your stressful day

Back