Theme: My Street

Inspired by Ralph showing a street scene near where his daughter lives in Washington, USA, I realised that we don't often see such scenes here in Europe; and I guess folks in other countries rarely see the normal living quarters as seen through the eyes of the residents either. So I would like to start a new Theme based on your own locale. How about a series of 5 shots that show the overview and details that you think typify the area where you live. If you would like to take part, post the images in this section of the forum and prefix them with My Street -

Brilliant idea ...
I'd really like to see this one followed through... Ill get started in the morning when I walk the dog!

i Defo will add to this, bit boring my street its 152 miles long takes around 4 hours to get from 1 end to the other and travels almost the entire length of wales. Dont think 5 images will sum up "My Street" ;)

Is the dog a requirement?

Or could I use a ghost dog? :D

Great idea Pete - will be walking and snapping after I move

Here is my effort.....

GRID.jpg

Liking these Julian and like Pete, I like the Bin but as a bin was going to feature in my street shots I sort of have gone off you already [devil] especially as the bin is one of the most interesting things about my street...:)

Sorry Kev:)

Come on and get your bin shot out.. perhaps we should have a bin shot comp.

I've been meaning to post in here for a while but Julian pipped me to the post with his bins [devil] and you've probably seen about all of my patch by now if you've allowed yourselves to be subjected to my morning postings........

This is my street, as you can see it goes on straight past my hovel and yes I am actually stood in the hedge, this is where I actually get to my walking patch..

Up the Road by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Here is the start of the 'My Street' theme.

Here are some of the links. Sadly many of the others have dead links in them.

Here is the start of the 'My Street' theme.

Here are some of the links. Sadly many of the others have dead links in them.

This is cool! I'll have a look at those threads. I've been posting a few 'my street - ish' images.

Inspired by Ralph showing a street scene near where his daughter lives in Washington, USA, I realised that we don't often see such scenes here in Europe; and I guess folks in other countries rarely see the normal living quarters as seen through the eyes of the residents either. So I would like to start a new Theme based on your own locale. How about a series of 5 shots that show the overview and details that you think typify the area where you live. If you would like to take part, post the images in this section of the forum and prefix them with My Street -
Great idea, 5 pictures eh? Did some the other day, but since it is winter here, well winter it is.

Back